Pepper and Onion Pesto Medley
SAUTÉ peppers and onion in hot oil (3- 4 minutes).
REMOVE from heat, add Olivieri® Basil & Cheese Pesto and combine.
Try this concoction in a burger at your next BBQ – divine!
Tossed with a garlicky and herbaceous Basil & Cheese Pesto, these sliced and sautéed peppers and onion only require 3 ingredients and 15 minutes.
This combination makes for a wonderfully versatile addition to tonnes of meal options:
• An ideal accompaniment for sliced beef or chicken, serve them inside a tortilla for an Italian-inspired fajita dinner.
• Serve atop your favourite juicy burger or vegetarian portobello mushroom at your next outdoor BBQ.
• Spread over toasted bread or crostinis as a sophisticated appetizer.
• Toss with your favourite fresh Olivieri® filled pasta or skillet Gnocchi and top with pine nuts for an added crunch.
• Add a bit of colour to any meal spread with this medley as a stunning side dish.
• For a meal, serve alongside cooked Italian Sausage and serve on toasted bread if desired.
Meals to Pair With
Prepare to enjoy alongside a plate of Fresh Tomato Tortelloni filled with smoked mozzarella and prosciutto. It will also add a touch of vibrant colour served with Parmesan and Garlic Skillet Gnocchi and grilled chicken.
Which Onions Should You Choose?
This recipe calls for Spanish onions which are a type of yellow onion with slightly sweeter taste and more delicate flavour. If you cannot access Spanish onion easily, simple swap in traditional yellow onions.
Or how about learning how to make gnocchi?