Pepper and Onion Pesto Medley
SAUTÉ peppers and onion in hot oil (3- 4 minutes).
REMOVE from heat, add Olivieri® Basil & Cheese Pesto and combine.
Try this concoction in a burger at your next BBQ – divine!
Tossed with a garlicky and herbaceous Basil & Cheese Pesto, these sliced and sautéed peppers and onion only require 3 ingredients and 15 minutes.
This combination makes for a wonderfully versatile addition to tonnes of meal options:
• An ideal accompaniment for sliced beef or chicken, serve them inside a tortilla for an Italian-inspired fajita dinner.
• Serve atop your favourite juicy burger or vegetarian portobello mushroom at your next outdoor BBQ.
• Spread over toasted bread or crostinis as a sophisticated appetizer.
• Toss with your favourite fresh Olivieri® filled pasta or skillet Gnocchi and top with pine nuts for an added crunch.
• Add a bit of colour to any meal spread with this medley as a stunning side dish.
• For a meal, serve alongside cooked Italian Sausage and serve on toasted bread if desired.
Meals to Pair With
Prepare to enjoy alongside a plate of Fresh Tomato Tortelloni filled with smoked mozzarella and prosciutto. It will also add a touch of vibrant colour served with Parmesan and Garlic Skillet Gnocchi and grilled chicken.
Which Onions Should You Choose?
This recipe calls for Spanish onions which are a type of yellow onion with slightly sweeter taste and more delicate flavour. If you cannot access Spanish onion easily, simple swap in traditional yellow onions.