Last Updated: October 4, 2021
What are Cookies?
A Cookie is a small text file that becomes stored on your computer or mobile device when you view a web page or certain types of content-rich emails. Cookies remember information. Riviana uses the following types of Cookies through its Olivieri® brand website:
- Necessary Cookies: Required for our website to function correctly.
- Performance Cookies: Tracks web page visits, including frequency, and how individuals browse the site.
- Functional Cookies: Increases the base functionality of our website. For example, allows you to watch a video.
- Targeting Cookies: These remember your online behaviour (on and off our website). Targeting Cookies may remember your IP address, device used (computer or mobile) device ID, date and time you browse, address of a referring website, and your pathway through our web page. Riviana and third parties, including advertisers, social media networks, search engines and service providers use targeting Cookies to provide you with online behavioural advertising. These are relevant and personalized ads provided to you based on your browsing history. Targeting Cookies are also used to analyze and monitor overall website behaviour and traffic.
- Generally, Cookies allow us to improve the way our Olivieri® brand website works so that we can personalize your experience and allow you to use many of its useful features (for example, remembering your preferences).
- Necessary Cookies: Allows our website to function correctly.
- Performance Cookies: Evaluates the use and performance of our website and helps us understand how you use our website.
- Functional Cookies: Helps you navigate the website and use website features.
- Targeting Cookies: Chooses website content to provide a more personalized shopping experience for you. This may include showing you ads based on your interests. They support and measure our promotional and marketing efforts. For example, we will track if you’ve visited a particular ad on our website and how often you’ve seen the ad. We may also track if you’ve opened a promotional email we sent to you. We permit third parties to place Cookies on our website for these purposes and the third parties may also collect information about your online activities over time on other websites and applications. These Cookies may collect information about your online behavior, such as your IP address, the website you arrived from and information about your purchase history. This means that you may see our advertisements on our website and on other organizations’ websites. You may also see advertisements for other organizations on our website.
Service providers are companies that help us with various aspects of our business, such as site operations, services, applications, advertisements and tools. We use some authorized service providers to help us to serve you relevant ads on our services and other places on the internet. These service providers may also place cookies on your device via our services (third party cookies). They may also collect information that helps them identify your device, such as IP-address or other unique or device identifiers.
How long are Cookies stored on a computer or device?
Riviana uses both Persistent Cookies and Session Cookies through its Olivieri® brand website.
- Persistent Cookies: Persistent Cookies do not expire after you close your browser. They remember your information and settings for future visits to our website. For example, your language preference.
- Session Cookies: Session Cookies expire after you close your browser. They remember your information and settings during your current visit to Riviana’s Olivieri® brand website.
What Safeguards do we have in place?
Where possible, security measures are set in place to prevent unauthorized access to our cookies and similar technologies. A unique identifier ensures that only we and/or our authorized service providers have access to Cookie data. Please also see our Privacy Statement for additional information about our safeguards.
Can I turn off cookies?
Turning off Cookies
You can use your browser settings to accept or reject new Cookies and to delete existing Cookies. You can also set your browser to notify you each time new Cookies are placed on your computer or another device. You can find more detailed information about how you can manage Cookies at the Your Ad Choices website.
Some browsers contain a feature known as “Do Not Track.” Our site is not configured to acknowledge Do Not Track flags at this time. For more information about Do Not Track, please visit https://www.allaboutdnt.com.
On your mobile device, you may be able to opt out of receiving relevant online advertising by changing the settings in your mobile operating system. Review your device settings or information provided by your device manufacturer to learn how to do so.
Necessary, Performance, and Functional Cookies
You can turn off necessary, performance, and functional Cookies. However, turning off these Cookies may impact Riviana’s Olivieri® brand website’s performance and your ability to use some of its features.
Targeting Cookies – Online Behavioural Advertising
You can choose to turn off targeting Cookies without impacting Riviana’s Olivieri® brand website’s function and performance. However, when you turn off targeting Cookies, you may miss certain products or services that may be of interest to you. If you opt out of receiving online behavioural advertising, you will continue to receive advertising, but it will not be based on online behavioural information about you.
Third Party Websites
Riviana adheres to the Digital Advertising Alliance of Canada’s (DAAC) Self-Regulatory Principles for Online Behavioural Advertising in connection with its Olivieri® brand website.
Cookies that Riviana uses through its Olivieri® brand website
Riviana uses the following specific Necessary, Performance and Functional Cookies through its Olivieri® brand website:
|moove_gdpr_popup||First Party||Technical cookie used to save your cookie setting preferences. Expires: 1 year.|
|_ga||This cookie is installed by Google Analytics. The cookie is used to calculate visitor, session, campaign data and keep track of site usage for the site’s analytics report. The cookies store information anonymously and assign a randomly generated number to identify unique visitors. Expires: 2 years|
|_gat||Google Analytics cookie used to throttle request rate. If Google Analytics is deployed via Google Tag Manager, this cookie will be named _dc_gtm_<property- id>. Expires: 1 minute|
|_gid||This cookie is installed by Google Analytics. The cookie is used to store information of how visitors use a website and helps in creating an analytics report of how the website is doing. The data collected including the number visitors, the source where they have come from, and the pages visited in an anonymous form. Expires: 2 days|